We offer several different tasting experiences depending on time of year, group size, and your availability:
Our classic tastings are hosted in our Leland tasting room. We are located in downtown Leland across from the Bluebird Restaurant in a historic building. We are pleased to offer all of our wines and an assortment of different hard ciders for sampling and purchase. We charge a nominal tasting fee and credit of one tasting fee with a purchase of 4 bottles of wine.
Buses and groups of 10 or more are welcome by appointment please: 231-256-2115
Wine Experience at The Ridge at Verterra Vineyard
Relax and enjoy a flight of wines in the idylic atmosphere on the Terrace at The Ridge surrounded by 17 acres of manicured vineyards with sweeping views of Grand Traverse Bay and Lake Michigan. You will want to linger long after your unique flight of wines and salty and sweet morsels to complement.
Choose from one of the following flight options:
- Gull Island Flight: Your choice of 5 award winning wines served with selected nuts, a selection of international cheeses, chocolate covered Leelanau cherries and other treats. $20 / person
- Fox Island Flight: Your choice of 3 award winning wines served with crackers, dried apricots, and dried cherries. $12 / person
We are open rain or shine (we have a tent!) Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 12 - 5 PM June 19th through August 16th. Please note the Ridge is closed for private events and tours Friday - Monday.
Buses and groups of 10 or more are welcome by appointment please call 231-256-2115
Private Tour & Tastings
With advance reservations, guests are invited to experience our family winery in a unique, personalized fashion with a private vineyard tour and tasting. Conducted by our owners and most experienced staff at Verterra Winery, you and your friends will begin with a unique vineyard tour followed by a tasting in The Loft overlooking our vineyard and Grand Traverse Bay.
Our exclusive older vintage reds from our wine library will be availalble during private tastings in the Loft Room. Available between June 19th - September 13th.
- Available times: 12-2 PM; 3-5 PM or by appointment
- Minimum of 4 people and a maximum of 8 people
- Guests are encouraged to arrive a few minutes before the scheduled reservation
- Please allow approximately 90 minutes for this unique experience
- For a full refund, we respectfully ask for a weeks notice of cancellation
- Ability to taste unreleased and library wines alongside our current offerings
- Charcuterie board included as part of the experience
- Payment is required at the time of reservation in the amount of $60 / person and a $60 credit will be applied as a credit towards 6 bottle purchase per person after the tour
Please note the vineyard tour portion of the event is weather dependent but thankfully tastings will continue rain or shine!