Like many of you we have spent the last several weeks redoing our daily practices for our tasting room to provide as safe and environment as possible during this unprecedented time. Safety is our primary goal right now and of course, great wines.
Being outdoors reduces the chances of transmission of Covid-19 significantly and therefore we are encouraging everyone this summer to visit The Ridge, 8 miles north of Leland. A tented area along with 2.5 acres of manicured lawn, a pond and gardens to sit and sip a glass of wines or taste a flight of wines. The Ridge will be open June 24 to August 6th from 12 to 7 daily with the following closures due to private events:
- July 4 closed at 3 PM
- July 11 closed at 4 PM for Summer Dinner Series
- July 18 closed all day
- July 24 closed at 4 PM for Summer Dinner Series
- July 26 closed all day
- July 30 closed all day
Tasting in Leland
Our classic tastings are hosted in our Leland tasting room. We are located in downtown Leland just up River street from Fishtown. We are pleased to offer all of our wines and an assortment of hard ciders for sampling and purchase. Tasting fees are $5 for 3 pours or $8 for 5 pours and you can keep your souvenir glass. We have reduced our capacity to 10-12 people in the tasting room for safety reasons at this time and limiting groups to 6 or less. We encourage you to visit The Ridge where acres of open air and views are abundant.
Private Tour & Tastings
With advance reservations, guests are invited to experience our family winery in a unique, personalized fashion with a private vineyard tour and tasting. Conducted by our owners and most experienced staff at Verterra Winery, you and your friends will begin with a unique vineyard tour followed by a tasting in The Loft overlooking our vineyard and Grand Traverse Bay.
Our exclusive older vintage reds from our wine library will be available during private tastings. Available between June 19th - September 11th:
- Available times: 12-2 PM; 3-5 PM or by appointment
- Minimum of 4 people and a maximum of 8 people
- Guests are encouraged to arrive a few minutes before the scheduled reservation
- Please allow approximately 90 minutes for this unique experience
- For a full refund, we respectfully ask for a day notice of cancellation
- Ability to taste unreleased and library wines alongside our current offerings
- Charcuterie board included as part of the experience
- Payment is required at the time of reservation in the amount of $60 and you will have ability to purchase wines with our 20% club member discount on purchases of 6 bottles of wine or more at the conclusion of the tour
Please note the vineyard tour portion of the event is weather dependent but thankfully tastings will continue rain or shine!